Only a few more days to go, a few people have asked about the route and how many McDonald’s we will pass. I’d say all of them as I prefer Dicksons‘ Saveloy dips anyway.
Here is a rough itinerary:
- Day 1 – Travelling. Newcastle to London to Delhi to Kathmandu in Nepal. Lots of time either on a plane or hanging round airports.
- Day 2 – Arrive in Kathmandu and spend a night in Hotel.
- Day 3 – Fly to Lukla (check this out on YouTube) and start trek to Phakding (2652m) and then camp.
- Day 4 – Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m). Camp.
- Day 5 – Acclimatisation/Rest day at Namche. Camp.
- Day 6 – Trek to Thayangoche (3867m). Camp.
- Day 7 – Trek to Dingboche (4358m). Camp.
- Day 8 – Acclimatisation day in Dingboche. Camp.
- Day 9 – Trek to Loboche (4928 m). Camp.
- Day 10 – Trek to Gorakshep(5288m) and then Everest Base camp (5357m). Camp.
- Day 11 – Ascent of Mount Kala Patthar (5647m) and trek back to Pherice. Camp.
- Day 12 – Trek to Phungitenga. Camp.
- Day 13 – Trek to Chomoa. Camp.
- Day 14 – Trek back to Lukla.
- Day 15 – Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu – Hotel and proper wash.
- Day 16 – Kathmandhu to London.
- Day 17 – Back Home – Possible new Goverment.
Monday back to work and lunchtime down to get my saveloy dip down in South Shields Town Centre.