The ethos behind the company has always been in growth through innovation, great service and reinvestment of profits. Our company grew steadily over the years employing more local people by focusing on establishing great partnerships with both customers and suppliers.
Working within managed workspace run by TEDCO (Tyneside Economic Development Corporation), gave us the opportunity to move around the estate and taking on additional space when required. We grew from a single unit of 150 sq ft to three units totalling 3,000 sq ft and eventually moving to our purpose built 9,000 sq ft premises.
Our company was also fortunate to be chosen for a number of awards over the years. These recognised various aspects of progress and innovations. They are testament to the teamwork within the company and gave us occasional boosts in terms of PR recognition with the market place both locally, nationally and internationally.
Currently employing 25 people, we believe we have built a firm base from which to move forward in the highly competitive environment we all find ourselves in today.
- November 1998: Began as a sole trader in TEDCO, Jarrow
- 2001: Moved to larger unit in TEDCO, South Shields
- March 2001: Incorporated in Limited status
- May 2001: Attained ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS)
- July 2001: Hired first full time employee
- 2003: Took on second TEDCO unit
- 2005: Took on third TEDCO unit
- July 2010: Attained ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System (EMS)
- July 2010: Won Business of the Year (STEP Business Awards)
- July 2013: Moved to purpose built premises in Rekendyke, South Shields
- May 2016: Acquisition of Budget Batteries
- February 2018: Attained ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
- February 2018: Attained ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS)
- March 2018: Won North East Business Award in Manufacturing
First Logo - 1999
Our very first simple attempt to reflect the companies name within a Battery Pack.
Second Logo - 2003
Our first professionally produced logo in a corporate blue including a subtle positive and negative symbol.
CPS Batteries Logo - 2005
We had the idea to try and differentiate our Industrial and Consumer divisions.
Batterytastic Logo - 2007
Started as a summer project, further attempt to create a more consumer orientated website.
Current Logo - 2009
Time to refresh our corporate look.
Current Alternate Logo - 2009
This logo was originally designed for our eBay shop which shows the acronym of our company name "CPS" in an outline of a battery cell.